.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

American Girl Backpack Pattern



The pictures show two backpacks. The little one is for the American Girl dolls. I will post the pattern for the big girl backpack another day.

American Girl backpack by Elizabeth Mareno 2006

Materials: G hook, Small amounts of WW yarn, Needle for assembly.

Body:
With pink
Row 1- ch14, sc in 2nd ch from hook and across (13) sc on opposite side of starting ch.(26)
Do not increase at the corners and do not join.
Row2-7- sc in each sc around. Place marker @ first sc of row 2 to help keep count.
Row 8- (chg to green, sc in 3sc, chg to pink, sc in 3sc) around to last 2sc, chg to green, sc in last 2sc, cut pink.
Row 9-11- with green sc in each sc around.
Row 12- (chg to pink, sc in 3sc, chg to grn, sc in 3sc) around to last 2sc, chg to pink, sc in last 2sc. Cut green.
Row 13-14- with pink sc in each sc around.
Row 15- ch3, (sk next sc, dc in next sc, ch1) around, sl st to ch2 of ch3. (13 ch1 spc)
Row 16- ch1, sc in join, sc in each ch1 sp and dc around. (26sc) Finish off.

Straps(make 2):
with one color
Row 1- ch4, sc in 2nd ch and last 2 chs(3sc)
Row 2-30- ch1, turn, sc in each sc.
Fasten off.
*Attach- 2 rows up from bottom and 2 rows down from top and about 2-3sc in on either side.

Ties(make 1):
with opposite color
ch51, sl st in 2nd ch and in each ch across. Fasten off. Weave in ends. Weave over and under around top of bag keeping ends in the front.

All done! Have fun!
biz

For other American Girl items, visit www.AmericanDollsGirlsLove.com

7 comments:

  1. Great backpacks! I was wondering if you ever posted a pattern for the little girl's one. My niece would love to have a matching one to her dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zimmersgirl!

    Yep, there is a pattern for the little girl backpack. It's under my free patterns named "Big Girl Backpack". :)

    Happy Crocheting
    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such a cute pattern! I have a niece and a friend with AG dolls. Since I'm focusing on handmade gifts for the year, I thought I'd make some cute accessories for their birthdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made both the little girl's backpack and the little one for her Bitty Baby. I've got to do something to adjust the straps to fit because she's only 3, but she loves it! Check it out on my blog! Thanks for the patterns! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing these. I have a crocheting American Girl loving 9-year-old who is going to attempt this with some help from mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this delightful pattern with us. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I can't wait to make one for my kiddo!! Thank you for the pattern! I'm also a UPX alumni! Congratulations on your achievement!

    ReplyDelete

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...